Suspects Still on the Loose After Violent Attack on IDOC Officers at Saint Alphonsus

Boise, Idaho – Authorities in the Treasure Valley region are intensifying their search for two suspects involved in a violent incident at St. Alphonsus Hospital. The chaos unfolded in the early hours of the morning, involving an inmate from the Idaho Department of Corrections (IDOC) and law enforcement officers.

The situation escalated while IDOC officers were in the process of transporting Skylar Meade, an inmate, to the hospital for medical treatment. Suddenly, an unidentified assailant launched an attack on the officers, leaving two of them wounded. Subsequently, Boise Police officers rushed to the scene upon receiving reports of an active shooter, responding to the unfolding crisis.

During the commotion, there was a misconception involving an IDOC employee who was mistakenly identified as an armed individual. Fortunately, the employee sustained minor injuries and is currently receiving medical care. As the hospital went into lockdown, authorities began a thorough search for the suspects, who swiftly fled the scene in a grey sedan.

Skylar Meade, the inmate at the center of the incident, has a criminal history that includes serious charges such as aggravated battery on a law enforcement officer. The violence resulted in injuries to three IDOC officers, with one remaining in critical condition and another sustaining serious injuries. In light of the alarming turn of events, Chief Ron Winegar expressed gratitude that there were no fatalities and conveyed well wishes for the recovery of those affected.

Despite the urgency and intensity of the situation, the search for the two suspects continues, with Boise Police taking the lead. Additionally, the Ada County Sheriff’s Office is spearheading the investigation into the officer-involved shooting. The community is urged to exercise caution and report any sightings of the armed and dangerous individuals to authorities promptly.

The hospital eventually lifted its lockdown and resumed regular operations following the incident. However, the repercussions of the violence are still reverberating as law enforcement agencies work diligently to apprehend the suspects and ensure the safety of the public. The ongoing investigation is expected to shed more light on the circumstances surrounding the chaotic events at St. Alphonsus Hospital.