Seven stabbed, five dead in tragic event

Queens, New York – A tragic incident unfolded on Sunday, leaving five people dead in a stabbing incident. The New York Police Department (NYPD) received a 911 call at approximately 5:10 a.m., alerting them to an ongoing assault within a residence. The caller, a young female, revealed that her cousin was attacking her family members.

Upon arriving at the scene, two seasoned officers encountered 38-year-old Courtney Gordon in the driveway of the home. During a brief interaction with the officers, Gordon, who was carrying luggage, became violent. According to NYPD Chief Jeffrey Maddrey, Gordon brandished a kitchen knife, stabbing one police officer in the neck/chest area. He then struck the other officer in the head. Gordon’s attack led the 28-year veteran officer to discharge his weapon. Despite immediate medical attention, Gordon was pronounced dead upon arrival at a local hospital.

The situation became even more devastating as additional officers arrived at the scene. Near the front of the residence, they discovered the lifeless body of an 11-year-old girl.

However, due to a fire raging inside the living room and foyer area of the home, authorities were initially unable to enter the house. It is believed that Gordan had set the couch on fire before exiting the home. It was only after the New York Fire Department extinguished the flames that they could gain access to the house. Tragically, three more victims were found deceased inside the home.

According to NYPD Chief of Detectives Joseph Kenny, all the deceased family members suffered stab wounds. Kenny said Gordon was at the home visiting family and had one prior arrest for a domestic violence incident that took place in the Bronx. As the investigation continues, authorities have yet to ascertain the motive behind Gordon’s actions but believe it was a family dispute. Police are currently interviewing the 911 caller at the police station, who may provide vital insights into the incident.

The identities of the victims have not been released, but one injured individual, a 61-year-old female, remains hospitalized. The deceased individuals include a 44-year-old female, a 12-year-old boy, a male in his 30s, the 11-year-old girl found in the front of the house, and Gordon. Despite the harrowing ordeal, Chief Kenny expressed relief that the injured officers were doing well, applauding their exceptional response.

As the investigation into this tragic event unfolds, the NYPD hopes to discover what led to the violent situation. The recovered knife, the sole weapon found at the scene, remains a key piece of evidence in this case, as well as the 911 caller and the 61 female in the hospital.