Coma-Waking Teen Kaylee Gain Shows Signs of Recovery After Brutal Schoolyard Attack Sparks Outrage in St. Louis

St. Louis, Missouri – In a disturbing incident near Hazelwood East High School, 16-year-old Kaylee Gain was brutally beaten by a fellow student, leading to serious injuries and a coma. The vicious attack, captured in viral videos, showed Kaylee being violently assaulted, resulting in a skull fracture and brain damage. The perpetrator, a 15-year-old student, was seen hitting Kaylee while she was defenseless on the ground, causing significant harm.

After being in a coma for some time, Kaylee has now regained consciousness and can interact briefly with her parents. However, she has no recollection of the traumatic assault that landed her in the hospital. Despite the progress in her condition, Kaylee has suffered severe brain injuries, including frontal lobe damage, raising concerns about her long-term recovery.

Recent updates from the family’s attorney, Bryan Kaemmerer, indicate that Kaylee is no longer in the intensive care unit and has begun speech therapy. While she is still unable to walk on her own, she has taken short walks with the assistance of hospital staff. The family expressed gratitude for the outpouring of support through GoFundMe pages established to alleviate the financial strain of Kaylee’s recovery process.

Additionally, fundraisers organized by a family friend and Kaylee’s cousin have collectively raised nearly $450,000. Despite the progress in Kaylee’s condition, the family is advocating for the 15-year-old suspect to be tried as an adult, citing the severity of the assault and the devastating injuries inflicted on Kaylee. They are dismayed by perceived attempts to downplay the severity of the attacker’s actions.

Amid calls for justice and accountability, the family is urging against any form of retaliation, emphasizing the importance of a legal resolution. The family also seeks clarification on rumors surrounding the events leading up to the assault, including an incident the day before that resulted in both Kaylee and another student being suspended. Details remain scarce due to Kaylee’s limited ability to communicate following the traumatic ordeal.